Call for Ideas
Present your new work at the most significant architectural events and gatherings that form the core of the European Architecture Program.
Future Architecture is more than a competition. Future Architecture is changing the very foundations of architecture in Europe and beyond. Its goal is to explore boundaries. To break down walls. To build new systems. To form new coalitions. It is a platform that provides practitioners and conceptual thinkers with opportunities to speak up – and to be seen and heard.
Let the Future Architecture platform help you elevate and sharpen your practice. Start exchanging your ideas and projects with peers from all over the world as well as high-profile institutions – museums, galleries, publishing houses, biennials and festivals – to find avenues toward international recognition.
We are inviting multidisciplinary emerging professionals from all over the globe to apply with transformative projects related to our living environments. Send us your completed projects, your theoretical or conceptual propositions for spatial, social or cultural innovation, and join our discussion about the future of architecture.
We welcome projects that address:
- Systemic changes (prototypes and systems)
- Site-specific cases (projects customized for certain contexts and tasks; cannot be replicated)
- Next alliances (cross-, trans- and multi-disciplinary projects, exploring new design processes and methodology)
Become part of the European Architecture Program and see how Future Architecture can help you develop your practice. Selected applicants are invited to participate in one or more activities, implemented by member institutions across Europe.
Future Architecture’s board of members are inviting selected applicants to present their projects at the Creative Exchange in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and to engage in possible activities within the European Architecture program.
Platform members are covering travel (from within the EU) and accommodation costs, and are providing honorariums to the participants that they invite to contribute to their events.
All applications are published on the website of the Future Architecture platform. The applications are being evaluated by the Future Architecture board of members, the Future Architecture alumni, and members of the public through online voting.
- Annual Call for Ideas: mid-November/mid-January
- Annual central gathering Creative Exchange: mid-February
- European Architecture Program: March– October
The call is open to emerging architects, landscape architects, urban planners, designers, engineers, artists, curators, people involved in architectural communication and anyone whose professional work is focused on the future of architecture and living environments. To be eligible as an emerging creative for the Future Architecture Platform, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant’s independent work(s) related to architecture or city development were created after graduation and within the last two years;
- The applicant has publicly presented or published their independent work(s);
- The applicant has not yet attained recognition by having a body of critically recognized work at major and established institutions or publishers;
- The applicant has not participated in previous Future Architecture Platform activities;
- The applicant may be an individual or a collective.
Multiple entries are permitted as an individual or as a collective.