Call for Members 2021
Deadline: 15 January 2020
With the Call for Members, the Future Architecture invites museums, galleries, festival organisers, academic institutions and other cultural operators with innovative approaches to architecture to participate in the 2021 European Architecture Programme.
Future Architecture is a well-balanced ecosystem of European cultural players in architecture who perform specific roles within a complex European architecture program. It facilitates exchange of ideas between multi-disciplinary emerging professionals and high profile institutions in the field of architecture. It provides conceptual thinkers and practitioners in architecture with opportunities to speak up – and to be seen and heard.
We expect proposals for exceptional architectural happenings and events that will help form the core of the 2021 European Architecture Program and will include emerging talents selected by the board of members of the platform to promote them and help them develop their practices.
Becoming a part of the platform offers an opportunity to connect with the most outstanding organisations and practitioners in Europe. The selected applicant will be invited to become a full member of the Future Architecture platform and will receive a grant of 16,000 EUR to support their activities.
This Call for Members is open to organisations having a legal personality. It is intended for cultural organisations and institutions who operate in the area of architecture.
When submitting their application, applicants must be in a position to demonstrate their existence as a legal person for at least 2 years of the date of deadline for submission.
To qualify as a Future Architecture member, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- must be established as companies, associations or organisations active in the cultural and creative sector.
- their aim is to showcase and promote European creatives and artists and their works.
- must be key players in the field of architecture in their local environment and/or internationally.
- must act as one of the main sources of information or producers of content related to architecture in their residing country and/or internationally.
- have skills to create outstanding and well-visited events.
- demonstrate innovative approach in presenting urban issues, architecture and design.
- demonstrate a commitment to improving the understanding of cities, architecture, design and built environment in the community.
- contribute to the Europe-wide communication of ideas, information and values.
- stimulate creativity and create alternatives to the established models of operation.
- have recent experience in working with emerging creatives.
A grant will be awarded to proposals that will follow the goals of the Future Architecture platform and will contribute to the overall outcomes of the platform.
The applicant should include a minimum of 5 emerging creatives from the Future Architecture Call for Ideas.
The applicant should guarantee minimum 20% of his own financial support in the overall budget of the activity. The total cost of the proposed activities is estimated to minimum 20.000 EUR of which 16.000 EUR or 80% grant, 4.000 EUR or 20% own contribution.
The coordinating entity will assess the applications on these evaluation criteria, specifically and in this sequence:
- the extent of relevance and quality of the activity
- the number of emerging creatives from the Future Architecture Call for Ideas
- the coproduction with other members of the Future Architecture platform
- the extent of collaboration with the Future Architecture platform in the last 2 years
- the extent to which there is a clear insight of the quality of the communication plan and audience development
- the extent of possible unexpected benefits
For Future Architecture, geographical dispersion is an important criterion for achieving the desired goals. Applicants from countries not yet included in the platform will be treated as a priority. Nevertheless, the quality of the proposed activities is the key basis for selecting a new member.
15 January 2020
The coordinating entity will decide on the recipient of the grant and inform applicants of the decision until 22 January 2020. All applicants are kindly invited to participate at the Creative Exchange 2020 in the Museum of Architecture and Design in Ljubljana, 12 - 14 February 2020, where we will announce the results and present the new member.